The ADEA launched the current Strategic Plan in 2017 with the aim to become the leading organisation for health professionals providing diabetes education and care. The Strategic Plan will take ADEA forward to 2020 and the progress is monitored annually.
ADEA is the leading organisation in the development and provision of quality, evidence-based diabetes education, and standards.
- Recognises that people with diabetes carry the responsibility for the daily management of their condition
- Acknowledges the rights of people with diabetes to make lifestyle choices and decisions about their health care
- Expects it members to value, respect and support the rights of people with diabetes to make informed decisions about their health care and lifestyle choices
- Adheres to democratic principles, elects Branch and National Office Bearers and encourages members’ involvement at all levels of the association
- Recognises that members come from different social, cultural, geographic, professional and practice backgrounds
- Values the diversity and skills of our multidisciplinary membership
The following 4 strategic themes are at high priority for ADEA’s activities until 2020:
The ADEA encourages all members to download and read the 2017 – 2020 Strategic Plan.