Continuos Glucose Monitoring Webinar Series
This three-session webinar series will providing an update on Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
Join us on Wednesday 10th, 17th and 24th October 2018 6pm-7pm AEDT.
The learning objectives for each webinar will include the following:
- How Continuous Glucose monitoring technology works, the benefits and disadvantages of the technology
- Providing participants with an outline of the latest research and evidence into this technology
- Who can benefit from this technology
- How diabetes educators can support people with diabetes in using this technology
Webinar 3: Case study
- How to interpreting continuous glucose monitoring readings
- How to trouble shoot when things go wrong
Carolyn Judge, RN CDE
Carolyn has been a Registered Nurse and Clinical Nurse Consultant in Diabetes at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead for over 19 years. She has also worked in Private Practice for the past 10 years as a Credentialled Diabetes Educator and Certified Pump Trainer. She has a special interest in all aspects of the management and technology involved in Diabetes in both the paediatric and adult population. Carolyn believes “it’s about taking control of your diabetes -not letting it take control of you.”
Amanda Bartlett, RN RM CDE
Amanda is a Registered Nurse, Certified Midwife and Credentialled Diabetes Educator. She initially worked in a major obstetric hospital in Sydney in their diabetes clinic caring for women with pre-existing Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes or GDM. She commenced and supported women choosing to use insulin pumps during their pregnancy. In 2009 she moved into private practice where she now provides holistic diabetes education to adults with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes and to women with GDM . She was a member of ADIPS executive council for 4 years and is currently the chair of ADEA Diabetes in Pregnancy SIG. Amanda is a guest lecturer at UTS and for the Australian College of Midwives. She is a certified insulin pump trainer and has particular expertise supporting patients with transitioning to insulin pump therapy, stabilisation and continuous glucose monitoring systems.
To register, please visit the ADEA E-learning Management System. Please note that this is a separate system from the ADEA membership system. Through this platform, you will take total control of your webinar activities and stay on top of all updates:
- Download the presentation slides that will be used during the sessions
- Participate in the Q&A forums to ask any questions about the webinar content
- Complete the evaluation survey that helps us in improving our webinar development
- Download a certificate after you submit the survey at your convenience
- Watch the recordings if you miss the live session
Contact email@example.com if you need any further details on this webinar series.
This webinar series is available at no cost with support from Medtronic.