Jan Baldwin Alumni
Jan Baldwin Award
Prior 2015, the prestigious Jan Baldwin Award is provided by the Australian Diabetes Educators Association and recognises a Diabetes Educator who has made a significant contribution to holistic and client focussed diabetes education and care, including the emotional health and well-being of people with diabetes. This award is named after Ms Jan Baldwin, an innovative and dedicated diabetes educator who strongly influenced the practice of diabetes education in Australia until her death in 1999. This award is supported and presented by her husband Bob Walsh.
|2000 – Rose Baker||2007 – Pamela Jones|
|2001 – Maureen Unsworth||2008 – Julie Bligh|
|2002 – Gillian Harris||2009 – Shirley Cornelius|
|2003 – Victoria Stevenson||2010 – Michelle Robins|
|2004 – Debbie Scadden||2012 – Christine Sullivan|
|2005 – Veronica Griggs||2014 – Deb Foskett|
|2006 – Elizabeth Obersteller|
Jan Baldwin National CDE of the Year Award
From 2015, the Jan Baldwin award was redesigned to CDE of the Year award program to recognise and honour outstanding achievement and contribution of leading CDEs in the provision of high-quality diabetes education and expert support for people living with diabetes. Eight of Australia’s best Credentialled Diabetes Educators were presented with a CDE of the Year award within their branch. Among these eight, one was selected for the prestigious ‘Jan Baldwin National CDE of the Year’ title.
This award program is financially supported by Eli Lilly.
Panel of Judges
- Dr Zena Burgess, CEO, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Dr Lance Emerson, CEO, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Professor Greg Johnson, CEO, Diabetes Australia
- Tania Passingham, Professional Services Manager, Dietitians Association of Australia
- Dr Joanne Ramadge, CEO, Australian Diabetes Educators Association
The Panel gave consideration to the following selection criteria when reviewing nominations:
- Demonstrated excellence in diabetes education
- Leadership and an inspirational role model for diabetes educators
2015 – Kate Marsh. Please click here to view 2015 national finalists.
2016 – Kirrily Chambers and Ann Morris. Please click here to view 2016 national finalists.